Picture Study – Rembrandt, Gainsborough, Goya
This course introduces students to the art of Rembrandt van Rijn, Thomas Gainsborough, and Francisco de Goya. Designed for multi-age groups or individual students, each lesson begins the same way and then includes extensions for older students to increase the length and sophistication of the lessons.
One FULL YEAR of lesson plans (1 per week)
- Questions to guide discussions of each painting and artist
- Activities to integrate concepts from Art Instruction
- Supply list
- Student artwork packet (selection from the Our Work packet)
Extra Teacher Supports
- Art Appreciation section of the Alveary Member Tutorial
- Exams for each term
- Suggestions for afternoon occupations and history charts
- Teacher Prep & Scheduling Helps
- Directions for picture talks and memory drawing
- “Extra Helpings” and Field trip suggestions
*Lessons are intended for personal use only and may not be shared in print or digitally. Permission is granted to print copies for personal use only. Lessons are immediately downloadable upon purchase.